[Softdevice-devel] [ANNOUNCE] vdr-softdevice-0.1.1
stefan at lucke.in-berlin.de
Mon Apr 11 00:12:38 CEST 2005
I'm pleased to announce a new release of vdr softdevice plugin.
In short words: softdevice plugin is for getting vdr to your desktop with
so called budget cards. You'll get vdr output via framebuffer or X11-Xv or
DirectFB or vidix to your screen. Decoding is done via ffmpeg.
For compile options, please read the Makefile carefully and decide which of
the available output methods fit to your system.
Plugin's homepage is located at: http://softdevice.berlios.de/
Changelog since last release:
- xv-out: add "-vo xv:full" option to start up in fullsceen mode
- dfb-out: added dfb version check for struct access
- replace unneeded usleep<10000usec with >=10000usec
- add SIG_TIMING option (default: disabled, enable in mpeg2decoder.c)
- introduce meaningful return values in packet mode.
- disable debugging output.
- xv-out: new command line option max-area to use the maximum
available area for decoded frames. " .. -vo xv:max-area .. "
- video.c: fix possible segfault if pan_scan info is not present
- dfb-out: chg. OSD drawing to update only modified areas.
chg. videolayer to double buffered.
report surface capabilities in a single line
- respect replay mode
- disable WaitForSync in video only mode (trickspeed mode)
- removed unused code
- video.c, Draw(): set rgb to zero (colorkey) if alpha is zero.
- preperations for sync on video option
- syncronize audio and video start
- all pts values now in units of 0.1ms (needed for 44.1kHz audio streams)
- add SpuDecoder
- fix compile problems for vdr-1.2.x (OSD ok, but _no_ A/V :-( ).
- add left/right channel only support
- be more precise in GetSTC
- use libavformat for PES stream parsing
- get cvs version of dvd-plugin work in _non_ ac3 mode
- xv-out: fix OSD misplacement in downscaleing mode (pseudo mode)
- fix OSD misplacement for software alpha when in crop mode (info menu)
- xv-out: support max available area (pre for hdtv spport)
- audio-out: new dummy device (-ao dummy:)
audio device constructor gets pointer to setup-store like video-out
- save options when called via main menu
By subscribing to the to cvs list via
you'll get informed about lastest changes.
For those who are interested in active development, subscribing to
is a good choice.
Members of softdevice development crew are:
Torgeir Veimo, Martin Wache and me, Stefan Lucke.
More information about the Softdevice-devel