[Mapnik-users] dirtying adjacent tiles

Aryeh Leib Taurog AryehLeib at AryehLeib.com
Tue Dec 15 20:39:04 CET 2009

Hello,

Given a set of coordinates for new or deleted features, I would like
to determine which tiles to update.  All the feature are represented
using PointSymbolizer.

Does the mapnik API provide an easy way to get the maximum
PointSymbolizer icon size for a given zoom, so I can determine myself
whether or not the icon will run off the edge onto the next tile?  Is
there an easier way to do this?

At worst, I could just parse the xml mapfile and find the data, but if
mapnik already parsed it once, I would like to think the information
might be more easily accessible through mapnik.

thanks,
Aryeh Leib Taurog