[Mapnik-users] foreign language

Dane Springmeyer blake at hailmail.net
Mon Oct 27 06:29:02 CET 2008

Hi Waruna,

Welcome to Mapnik!

Sounds like you just need to point mapnik to your sinhala font.

I've written a very basic readme from what I learned from trying to
render Indic fonts (which required loading a custom Gargi.ttf font).

You can find it here: http://mapnik-utils.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/tutorials/fonts/using_alternative_fonts.txt

If you could paste your configuration code/xml that would be useful to
help further.

Dane