[Linux-uvc-devel] Logitech Quickcam 9000 Pro - auto focus under software control?

Dr. techn. Alexander K. Seewald alex at seewald.at
Mon Aug 27 16:40:25 CEST 2007

Good work on the driver, worked out-of-the-box on a recent
debian etch system (i686) with 2.6.23-rc3 kernel. I _think_ the
autofocus may be under software control... is this possible?

The camera does not make any noises (as you would expect from
auto-focus), and seems to be stuck to the infinite focus setting
- things very far away are sharp, things closer than about one meter
are fuzzy. I've not yet excluded a marketing gag, but since they
were willing to put in a Zeiss objective this seems a bit unlikely.

I cannot really check this under Windows as I don't have any sufficiently
recent Windows machines. Anyone else having this camera under
Windows and noting that it does make noises when doing an autofocus?
(simplest thing to check)

If autofocus is under software control, what can I do to make the
driver support this? Has anybody already implemented something
similar?

Best,
  Alex
--
Dr. Alexander K. Seewald         +43(664)1106886
              Seewald Solutions