[Linux-uvc-devel] Acer Webcam/ linux fedora 7

Francisco Vera fvera at ucv.cl
Mon Aug 20 15:03:14 CEST 2007

On Saturday 18 August 2007 06:46, Mickael Drean wrote:
> I've tested to launch luvcvideo on GNOME instead of KDE and I get an error
> message :
> luvcview version 0.2.1
> Video driver: x11
> A window manager is available
> video /dev/video0
> Unable to set format: 16.
>  Init v4L2 failed !! exit fatal

I have similar problems but with the message: Unable to set format: 5

I know these are different problems but luvcview and the uvc driver were
working ok and after an upgrade the problems begun. My camera is a logitech
fusion.

The problem appears to be an initialization problem in luvcview because
luvcview work as expected when v4l-info is run first.

Now luvcview is packaged for debian, so in debian unstable all that is needed
to get an UVC camera running is:

apt-get install luvcview
apt-get install module-assistant
apt-get install v4l-conf